Carmel Middle School's mission is to: Increase learning for all.
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATIONS
July 13 – 30 Monday – Thursday
Registration applications are available in the main office and due by May 1 for guaranteed participation.
- Rising 6th, 7th, and 8th graders ( 15-16 grades)
- Students have been provided registration applications through their advisory classes and will receive an additional copy from the main office.
- Registration applications are due by Friday, May 1 to be guaranteed a seat.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Transportation included
- Students will include 3 classes:
- Math / Stem
Summer School is strongly encouraged for all students who did not earn at least a C in their core classes; Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies.
Read about our physics classes and students in the Gazette article:
Carmel Middle School eighth-grader Angel Hernandez last week was experimenting on how mass, distance and gravity are related.
He had spread out a large piece of paper that represented the universe and placed two marbles on it, watching how they attracted each other.
Aspects of Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is something that most kids don't ponder until high school or even college. But in Harrison School District 2, each middle schooler takes physics for three years.
Hernandez said the physics class is not easy, but he likes the hands-on approach to concepts. "It's easier to understand when you can touch and see things." Read more...
Important Dates for 2014-2015:
Parent Forum 2nd Tuesday of each month (6:30 - 7:30)
8th Grade Continuation May 20 (6:00 - 7:00)
Learn about our Physics Program - watch the video